2-3pm on fourth Saturdays of every month
December 23 - date may change
Elana will be at Yarn Diva’s for a drop-in class to help you out with any spinning questions or problems that you want to talk about. There will be no specific workshop plan for the hour. it is all about what you want to learn or correct. Bring your questions and sit and spin or process fibre with Elana!
- How do I change from spinning small to spinning larger? And vice versa?
- How do I spin using the different long-draws?
- How do I know when I have enough twist when I ply?
- How do I spin silk?
- How do I use handcards or wool combs?
- What is a diz and how do you use it?
- What are the different ways you can spin from a batt?
- How do I spin on a hand-spindle?
This workshop is for anyone who wants to learn something new about their spinning. Or just fix something so that you can spin a little bit better.
Tools and Supplies You Need to Bring
- As this is a drop-in, you will need to bring the tools and fibre that you want to work with. If you don’t have a specific fibre that you want to learn about, give us a heads up so that Elana can have some available to purchase for that afternoon.
- If you are spinning, - a tube such as a paper towel or a toilet paper roll.
- If you are processing fibre (carding or combing it) - bring some small bags or envelopes to bring your fibre home with you.
- None. You will bring or purchase the fibre that you want to work with.